When thinking about some of the biggest challenges facing the trucking and logistics industry, rising insurance rates and settlement rates are often solidly at the top of the list. At the same time, carriers are constantly trying to recruit, train, and retain new drivers in order to remain competitive and successful. The question becomes, then, how to hire the safest drivers and implement a culture of safety throughout your organization from the get-go.
In our newest ebook, Making Safety Happen: Recruiting Drivers Who Have a Safety-First Mindset, we worked with trucking and logistics industry thought leader Brian Fielkow, Founder and CEO of Jetco Delivery, to build a comprehensive, action-focused set of strategic initiatives that carriers and CDL recruiting teams can leverage as they build their driver recruiting and corporate culture strategies for the rest of 2020 and beyond.
This must-read ebook covers multiple aspects of recruiting and retaining safety-focused drivers, including:
- What to look for in new driver applicants to ensure he/she is a quality, safety-oriented driver.
- Why road and driver safety precautions are such a critical focus for modern carriers and CDL driver recruiting teams.
- How to establish safety as a core corporate value instead of a changing team priority.
- Ways your team can conduct an internal safety process audit to identify and eliminate safety risks.
- How executives and team leaders can engage frontline workers to build better processes and engagement.
- What separates a just culture from the traditional corporate culture of progressive discipline.
- How processes, workflows, and your internal team can ensure safety becomes a foundational pillar of your team structure.
- Why metrics, insights, and data are critical to making the best decisions possible for your organization’s long-term success.
Want to learn more about implementing a long-term recruiting strategy for safety-focused drivers at your organization? Download Making Safety Happen: Recruiting Drivers Who Have a Safety-First Mindset now!
Stay up to date on CDL trucking trends! Be sure to check out the DriverReach blog or follow us on LinkedIn for other relevant articles and head over to our webinars page for an up-to-date list of upcoming events and on-demand recordings.
Interested in seeing DriverReach’s modern Recruiting and Compliance Management System in action? Take DriverReach for a test drive!